First of all, my intern Tanya, posted this on her blog the other day and I love it so I am sharing it with you all
“I have made many mistakes and no doubt will make more before I die. When I have seen pain, when I have found that my ineptness has caused displeasure, I have learned to accept my responsibility and to forgive myself first, then to apologize to anyone injured by my misreckoning. Since I cannot un-live history, and repentance is all I can offer God, I have hopes that my sincere apologies were accepted. You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
Do not complain. make every effort to change the way you have been thinking. You might find a new solution. Never whine. Whining lets a brute know that a victim is in the neighborhood. Be certain that you do not die without having done something wonderful for humanity.”
– Maya Angelou
Good stuff….Anyway…every once and a while I find myself wanting to update my facebook status like 50 times in a row. I realize this is annoying to people so I try to stick to just one… but then my mind keeps on “status updating” so I think how I can turn these thoughts into a blog… but tonight my thoughts are just to random to turn into anything bloggy so you will just get random thoughts. (My coworker once said “I just want to be in your head for one day” well here you are, you get my thoughts for the evening)
- I checked the clock thinking it must be close to bed time and it was only 6:30…And so the long winter nights begin.
- I don’t want to take off my nail polish: To much work, but can I teach a class tomorrow having 6 decent looking purplish grey nails, 2 completely empty nails and 2 half painted nails?
- And what does one wear teaching a college class?
- If my kids would always get along this well, I would never have to send them to bed
- I guess my kids want to go to be as I just heard the older one scream “Abby just slapped me in the BOOOOOTY!” And the potty talk commenced.
- I am never making a box mix of ANYTHING again after the nastiness of tonight’s Tabuli meal. I would rather cook something for a 1/2 hour and have it be half burnt than that just add water stuff
- How in the world is my laundry detergent almost gone, didn’t I just buy it last week?
- I have to remember where I hid Abby’s ball since I took it away from her after she threw it on the kitchen table
- Should I close my shade in the front window even though it has a huge rip in it so all driving by see the rip or should I leave it open so they can all see in my living room?
- Why the heck do I care what people think of my shades or my living room…
- It is totally worth the mess the kids make in the bathroom when they can shower on their own…
- Speaking of living rooms, I really want all new decorations…
- How much parenting can I do in this lazy boy?
- Why am I biting my nails? What am I nervous about?
- Did I eat enough protein today? Did I eat enough today? Oh! Tomorrow is my weigh in day… I wonder what the scale will say…
- I love being a vegan… even though I may cheat here and there with very minor minor things..(I accidentally put cream in my coffee the other day…It is so much better than soy milk)
- My kids got personal pan pizzas tonight for dinner (they get a coupon for a free one for reading) and I did not eat a single bite, even the left over bread sticks…
- Holy Crap, I am excited to go to Ethiopia soon
- I think my neighbors got a fireplace put in today… I want a fireplace!
That is a good assortment of Random Monday Evening Thoughts.. stay tuned Tuesday may be even more exiting!